The Reilly Expansion
Expanding the Future
Construction is underway on the Reilly’s 15,590 square-foot-expansion project! Project highlights include:
- A Second Theatre: The additional theatre is a flexible, black-box style theatre with flat floor space, that can be transformed day-to-day to accommodate the creation of an intimate jazz or stand-up comedy club, theatre in the round, special dance and multi-media events, and standing-room pop and rock concerts. The Reilly’s second theatre will also be capable of hosting banquets, receptions, special speakers and presenters, and community events in seated or standing capacities. Additionally, the facility includes an expanded catering kitchen to accommodate such events with efficiency and ease.
- Expanded Lobby: A new lobby expansion that will accommodate more guests and provide more than twice the additional restrooms and concession areas – a common request from patrons over the past five years.
- Community Music Conservatory: A gift of the David and Lisa Midgett Foundation, the conservatory will feature multiple teaching studios, in addition to large rehearsal and performances spaces, that will be filled with exciting programming accessible to students of all ages and backgrounds, with scholarships available to assist anyone eager to learn but in need of financial assistance. Launch offerings include Buckets and Boom Sticks, a percussion-oriented class to create a love for music and performance in children, Class Guitar for youth and adults, and fundamental music classes like Music Appreciation and basic Music Theory for all ages. By Summer 2022 we will opening Ocala’s first MusicTogether program, an international early childhood music and movement program for children from birth through 7 that brings music education the family can experience together.
- Expanded Box Office Facilities: A dedicated box office area that can accommodate guests from both inside and outside the facility.
Make a Donation
Donations make it possible for the Reilly to bring our community vibrant arts and arts education opportunities! By making a donation – you are a part of changing the future of the arts now and for future generations. Contact Pamela Calero Wardell, Executive Director, email@example.com or 352-351-1606, ext. 102 to discuss the best donation option for you!
Significant Naming Opportunities are available in our new space with donations of $25,000 or more! Spaces left to name include:
- 700-seat main-stage auditorium: $500,000
The main-stage auditorium is the heartbeat of the Reilly Arts Center. The stage has hosted national grammy-award winning artists like Kenny G and Wynonna Judd, is the for Ocala Symphony Orchestra subscription performances, hosts ballet performances such as the annual Nutcracker ballet, and provides a world-class platform for local dance companies and students to share their art.
- East Lobby: $150,000
The East Lobby will always be considered the most historic piece of the Reilly Arts Center. As a central part of the building where guests will gather, this space includes a bar, restrooms, and the staircases and elevator that lead to the Reilly’s grand second-floor balcony.
- Community Music Conservatory Studio: $25,000
The Community Music Conservatory is a pillar of the Reilly’s Expansion project. Four teaching studios were designed to provide space for students to learn and grow in their chosen instrument. These spaces can also moonlight as dressing rooms for major productions! These spaces allow significant music education to happen at the Community Music Conservatory – and is an excellent opportunity to support and be recognized as a supporter of this incredible campaign.
Join the Education Consortium A central tenant of our expansion is the new Community Music Conservatory, a gift of the David and Lisa Midgett Foundation. The Conservatory’s mission is to provide accessible music education for all with excellent and innovative programming. Launch offerings include Buckets and Boom Sticks, a percussion-oriented class to create a love for music and performance in children, Class Guitar for youth and adults, and fundamental music classes like Music Appreciation and basic Music Theory for all ages.
With the Foundation’s initial gift of $300,000 to establish this incredible musical asset for Ocala, we are seeking 25 gifts of $10,000 and above to further support the brick and mortar, and enshrine programming for the first five years.
Donors joining this special consortium will be recognized in a unique and prominent place in the Reilly Arts Center’s new lobby.